Friday, August 24, 2012

The Grinch's Garbage


Weird name, right? It's not even NEAR Christmas, but this is what my kids decided to call my new dessert. And boy it is so addicting my husband has asked to not make it again as he is trying to watch what he eats! This is how it all came about...one afternoon as I was preparing for a snack for my kids for after school I looked in my pantry and saw only marshmallows, Kix cereal, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and heath bar pieces. So, I decided to mix it all together like a rice crispie treat and voila...The Grinch's Garbage was created! Enjoy and add anything you like! It's all garbage!!! LOL

The Grinch's Garbage:
(Rough estimates, because I was literally just throwing it all in the pot...
4  or 5 cups marshmallows (I had large ones on hand)
1/4 cup butter (I had salted on hand, you could use whatever)
3 cups Kix
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup PB chips
1 cup Heath Bar chips

Directions:
Melt Butter
Throw in marshmallows, when they are almost all melted and gooey, throw all ingredients in and pour in a grease pan and let sit for 20 mins...then cut away...

*Again, all are estimates on this recipe, but the mixture of it all was truly amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment